Sources - Biotechnology Practice Applications
1. ADA. Position of the American Dietetic Association: Biotechnology and the future of food. JADA. 1995;95:1429-1432.
2. BBC News. GM tomatoes ‘fight cancer’. 2000; May. Retrieved: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/769507.stm
3. Berger M. Public health and agricultural biotechnology: A review of the legal, ethical, and scientific controversies presented by genetically altered foods. Dissertation. 2000. Emory University.
4. GMF Market Intelligencer. Genetic ID. May 1, 1999: 32. www.genetic-id.com
5. Harlander SK. Food biotechnology: Yesterday, today and tomorrow. Food Technology. 1989;43:196-206.
6. Harlander SK. Biotechnology – A means for improving our food supply. Food Technology. 1991;45:84-93.
7. Ireland C. Cuisine – or vaccine?: That fruit may be both. Democrat and Chronicle. 2000. May;1F-4F.
8. Lewis S. Researchers produce albumin in GM potatoes. Food Chemical News. 2001;April:6.
9. Liu K. Biotech crops: Products, properties, and prospects. Food Technology. 1999;53:42-48.
10. RAFI Communique. The gene giants. March/April 1999. Available at: http://www.etcgroup.org
11. RAFI Communique. Bioserfdom. March/April 1997. Available at: http://www.etcgroup.org