- Describe how native plant breeders could create plants with new combinations of desired traits.
- Describe the relationship between plants, flowers and seeds.
- Define and identify the male and female structures of a flower.
- Determine the flower type based on structures observed in the flower.
- Predict how flower structure impacts plant crossbreeding.
Development of this lesson was supported in part by the Cooperative State Research, Education, & Extension Service, U.S. Dept of Agriculture under Agreement Number PX2003-06237 administered by Cornell University, Virginia Tech and the American Distance Education Consortium (ADEC) and in part by the New Mexico and Nebraska Agricultural Experiment Stations. Any opinions,findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.