Erosion- Think about it...
Before beginning the lesson, think about and write down answers to the following questions...
- What is an example of erosion happening around your neighborhood or local area?
- What agents or forces are causing the erosion to happen?
- How is the soil being eroded?
- Where is the eroded material going?
- What are some impacts of the erosion on soil, water, and air quality, as well as food and fiber production systems? Identify both short and long-term impacts.
- What can be done to reduce the amount of erosion in your example?