Overview and Objectives
Overview - What Will You Learn in This Lesson?
This lesson introduces panarchy theory and how it relates to understanding and interpreting natural and social systems.
This lesson covers the concept of panarchy. At the completion of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Define a panarchy and related principles
- Analyze how panarchy theory can be used to manage social or ecological systems
- Apply panarchy theory to social and ecological systems
- Explain two panarchy transition pathways
- Understand how panarchy is useful in order to assess a system’s ecological resilience
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grants No. DGE-1735362 and 1920938. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.