- Review the concept of ‘transgenic events’ and compare the commercial events developed to control European Corn Borer (ECB)
- Predict management implications based on knowing transgene design and other molecular genetic facts.
- Describe transgene structure of a new events for control of ECB and why the transgene provides the plant resistance for additional insect pests.
- Compare the transgene structure of two new events for Western corn rootworm control in corn.
- Explain why genetic transformation technology and plant breeding limitations make it difficult for a company to produce new hybrids with every transgenic trait.