Overview and Objectives
Overview - What Will You Learn in This Lesson?
This lesson discusses was the adaptive cycle is and how it relates to understanding and interpreting natural phenomena.
This lesson covers the concept of the adaptive cycle. At the completion of the lesson, you should be able to:
- Outline the general definition and purpose of the adaptive cycle.
- Define the four phases of the adaptive cycle.
- Summarize how the phases of the adaptive cycle interact with each other.
- Give an example of how the phases might appear in a system.
- Illustrate how the adaptive cycle expands on the traditional model of ecological succession.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grants No. DGE-1735362 and 1920938. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.